Steamed lobster elevates any meal beyond every day, but for a more contemporary take, we've skipped the butter sauce in favour of a mayo-based lobster roll that's topped with pickled veggies. The end result? A more casual meal inspired by Vietnamese street food. Sprinkle with additional chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- 3 radishes , thinly sliced
- Half small carrots , cut in matchsticks
- Quarter English cucumber , cut in matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (such as sriracha)
- 1 lobster (565 to 680 g), cooked, shelled and chopped
- 2 crusty sandwich rolls
Place carrot, cucumber and radishes in bowl. In small microwaveable bowl, stir together sugar, vinegar and salt. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Pour over veggies; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together mayonnaise, cilantro, coconut, fish sauce and chili sauce; gently fold in lobster.
Halve sandwich rolls lengthwise almost but not all the way through. Spoon lobster mixture into rolls; top with half of the pickled vegetables. Halve lobster rolls crosswise on the diagonal. Serve with remaining pickled vegetables on the side.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Nutritional facts Per each of 4 servings: about
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 716
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 10 g
- Calories 218
- Total fat 8 g
- Potassium 266
- Cholesterol 52 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 28 g
- Iron 11
- Folate 25
- Calcium 5
- Vitamin A 32
- Vitamin C 3