We love a crisp Sauvignon Blanc for this delicious pasta because the wine's citrus notes balance the dish's rich flavours.
- Total time 30 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- Half pkg (500 g) bow tie pasta (about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 500 g mixed mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , finely grated or pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (approx)
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (approx)
- 10 cups lightly packed baby spinach
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid, drain.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tbsp of the butter over medium-high heat; sauté mushrooms, stirring frequently, until tender and golden, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, pepper and salt during last minute of cooking.
Add wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer mushroom mixture to pan used to cook pasta; place over medium heat. Stir in pasta, 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and remaining butter; gradually stir in Parmesan until pasta is evenly coated. Stir in spinach, a few handfuls at a time, just until wilted. Add remaining cooking liquid; sprinkle with more salt and Parmesan, if desired.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 6 g
- Sodium 583 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 18 g
- Calories 434
- Total fat 13 g
- Potassium 969 mg
- Cholesterol 28 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 58 g
- Iron 45
- Folate 120
- Calcium 21
- Vitamin A 84
- Vitamin C 13