This easy fish entree is satisfying and appropriate for any time of year. Before you begin, check the fish for any pin bones by running your fingers along the flesh and then removing the bones with tweezers or needle-nose pliers.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2012
- 2 tablespoons Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 green onions (green parts only), minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 halibut fillets (1-1/2 lb/565 g total)
- 4 cod fillets (1-1/2 lb/565 g total)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
MethodStir together yogurt, mustard and onions. In separate bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Set bowls aside.
On parchment paper–lined baking sheet, pat fish dry with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread green onion mixture evenly over fish; lightly press bread crumb mixture over top.
Bake in top third of 425ºF (220°C) oven until crust is golden and fish flakes easily when tested, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 260 mg
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 33 g
- Calories 297.0
- Total fat 14 g
- Potassium 709 mg
- Cholesterol 75 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 7 g
- Iron 13.0
- Folate 11.0
- Calcium 15.0
- Vitamin A 16.0
- Vitamin C 3.0