A company-worthy dinner made in 30 minutes, serve with mashed potatoes on the side for soaking up the delicious Mushroom Pan Sauce.
- Portion size 6 servings
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots , finely chopped (or 1 small onion, chopped)
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms , sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine or sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon each butter , softened and all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
MethodSprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; brown pork all over. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet; roast in 400°F (200°C) oven until juices run clear when pork is pierced, about 18 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saut?hallots until softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; saut?ntil mushrooms are golden, about 6 minutes.
Add wine; cook until evaporated, stirring and scraping up any brown bits. Add broth; cook for 5 minutes.
Mix butter with flour and add to sauce along with parsley; simmer, stirring, until thickened. Stir any juices from pork into sauce. Serve with pork.
More pork tenderloin recipes:
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 372 mg
- Protein 29 g
- Calories 259.0
- Total fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 75 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 18.0
- Folate 10.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 6.0
- Vitamin C 10.0