You can't go wrong with chicken and broccoli for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
Zesty Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes . finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato oil (from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 8 skin-on chicken drumsticks (about 850 g total)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1 sweet red pepper , cut in chunks
- Quarter red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli , cut in florets (about 4 cups)
Zesty Basil Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together basil, vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, sun-dried tomato oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Roasted Chicken: Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange chicken on baking sheet; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and allspice (if using), tossing to coat. Bake for 20 minutes, adding red pepper and red onion during last 10 minutes of baking. Broil until chicken is crispy and no longer pink inside and red pepper and red onion are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Broccoli Salad: Meanwhile, in pot of boiling water, cook broccoli for 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to bowl of ice water until chilled. Drain and pat dry. In bowl, toss together broccoli, red pepper, red onion and 5 tbsp of the Zesty Basil Vinaigrette.
Transfer chicken to serving platter; drizzle with 3 tbsp of the Zesty Basil Vinaigrette. Serve with broccoli salad.
Test Kitchen TIp: Top up the jar of sun-dried tomatoes with extra-virgin olive oil as needed.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 703 mg
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 29 g
- Calories 455
- Total fat 33 g
- Potassium 736 mg
- Cholesterol 146 mg
- Saturated fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 12 g