Save time on busy weeknights with a quick-cooking grain blend.
- Total time 35 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about half head)
- 1 454 g pkg precut peeled butternut squash (diced)
- 1 red onion , cut in wedges
- 4 cloves garlic (skins on)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds , crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt , divided
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking five-grain blend (such as PC Blue Menu 5-Grain Blend)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups microgreens or mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup chopped natural almonds
- 1/2 cup prepared beet hummus (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F. On baking sheet, toss together cauliflower, squash, red onion, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp of the salt; arrange in single layer. Bake until tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, cook grains according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, fill small saucepan with water; bring to boil over high heat. Add eggs; cook for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until chilled, about 2 minutes; drain again. Peel off shells; halve eggs lengthwise.
In bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar and remaining salt; gradually whisk in olive oil in thin steady stream. Squeeze garlic into vinegar mixture to release from skins; discard skins. Whisk vinaigrette to combine.
Divide grains, cauliflower mixture, eggs, microgreens and almonds among 4 bowls; drizzle each with 2 tbsp of the vinaigrette. Top with beet hummus (if using).
Test Kitchen Tip: To crush cumin seeds, spread them out on a cutting board and press down with the bottom of a heavy saucepan.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 15 g
- Sodium 663 mg
- Sugars 10 g
- Protein 23 g
- Calories 752
- Total fat 42 g
- Potassium 869 mg
- Cholesterol 193 mg
- Saturated fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 48 g