Start with melon wedges to whet your appetite for this quick and light dinner.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2003
- 4 cups small pasta shells
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can drained sockeye salmon
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 tsp/10 mL dried dillweed)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 7 minutes. Add peas; cook until pasta is tender but firm, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water; shake out excess water.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, flake salmon with fork, mashing in any bones; remove skin if desired. Set aside.
In large bowl, stir together yogurt, onion, mayonnaise, radishes, dill, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
Tear 4 of the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces; add to large bowl along with pasta mixture and salmon and toss to combine. To serve, spoon onto remaining lettuce leaves.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 985 mg
- Protein 24 g
- Calories 484.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 26 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 74 g
- Iron 24.0
- Folate 87.0
- Calcium 18.0
- Vitamin A 13.0
- Vitamin C 25.0