Scaloppine makes for a quick and easy dinner your whole family will love. Serve with a green salad tossed with a homemade vinaigrette.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can whole tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 8 veal cutlets (about 1-1/4 lb/625 g)
- 8 turkey cutlets (about 1-1/4 lb/625 g)
- 8 pork cutlets (about 1-1/4 lb/625 g)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
MethodIn large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; fry garlic until softened and golden, about 1 minute. Discard garlic.
Add tomatoes, wine, salt and hot pepper flakes; simmer until broken down and liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl and keep warm.
Meanwhile, between plastic wrap, pound veal to scant 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness. One piece at a time, lightly coat in flour. Set aside.
In clean skillet, melt butter and remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook veal, in batches, until browned and just a hint of pink remains inside, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to serving platter. Pour tomato mixture over top; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 433 mg
- Protein 31 g
- Calories 271.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Potassium 816 mg
- Cholesterol 85 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 16.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 5.0
- Vitamin C 32.0