This cold noodle salad is lovely served with hot flank steak for dinner. On another night, try serving the noodles with sautéed shrimp or grilled chicken.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2013
- 12 oz beef marinating flank steak
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 oz rice stick vermicelli (about 1/8 inch/3 mm wide)
- 2 carrots
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanut
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
MethodSprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook steak, turning once, until medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes. Tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Slice across the grain into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices.
Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water until cool; drain.
Using vegetable peeler, cut carrots into long thin strips. In large bowl, combine carrots, green onions, cilantro, peanuts and noodles.
Whisk together rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger; pour over noodles. Toss to coat. Arrange steak slices over top.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 388 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 22 g
- Calories 428.0
- Total fat 18 g
- Potassium 420 mg
- Cholesterol 36 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 43 g
- Iron 16.0
- Folate 16.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 51.0
- Vitamin C 8.0