- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2006
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchinis (about 2 small)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) stewed tomatoes
- 4 fish fillets (such as tilapia, catfish, haddock, or sole) about 6 oz (175 g) each
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
MethodIn large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; saute onion, garlic, zucchini, red pepper, oregano, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of the salt and pepper and hot pepper sauce until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes; break up large pieces with spoon. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until thick enough to mound on spoon, about 10 minutes.
Place fish in single layer on vegetables; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily when tested, about 8 minutes.
Transfer fish to plate; keep warm. Simmer sauce until thickened again, about 2 minutes. Spoon over fish; serve with lemon slices.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 875 mg
- Protein 32 g
- Calories 275.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 96 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 15 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 14.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 36.0
- Vitamin C 87.0