This beautiful pie is for those who like their pizza a little on the spicy side.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 40 minutes
- 1 batch Artisanal Pizza Dough (recipe link in Method)
- 2/3 cups Spicy Puttanesca Pizza Sauce (recipe link in Method)
- 2 125 g balls fresh mozzarella , drained, patted dry and sliced
- 4 slices sopressata or spicy capocollo salami
- 4 pieces blanched Broccolini or rapini
- 2 teaspoons pepperoncini picante (optional)
Place pizza stone or inverted heavy baking sheet in oven; preheat to 500°F. Sprinkle two 12-inch squares of parchment paper with flour. Place 1 ball of the Artisanal Pizza Dough, bottom side up, on 1 square of prepared parchment; using 2 fingers, press edge to create 1-inch border. Using palms, toss dough back and forth between hands without touching border; using fisted knuckles, stretch out dough to 12-inch circle.
Return dough to prepared parchment; evenly spread with scant 1/3 cup of the Spicy Puttanesca Pizza Sauce, leaving 1-inch border. Top with half of the mozzarella; let stand for 5 minutes.
Transfer pizza with parchment to pizza stone; bake until cheese is golden and crust is browned, 12 to 13 minutes, adding 2 slices of the salami during last minute of baking. Remove from oven; top with 2 pieces of the Broccolini and 1 tsp of the pepperoncini (if using). Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Test Kitchen Tip: To blanch Broccolini, bring a saucepan of salted water to boil. Add Broccolini; cook for a minute. Remove; immerse in ice water until cool. Drain and pat dry.