- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 piece (1 inch/25 cm) fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb beef top sirloin grilling steak
- 1 sweet red pepper cut in 24 pieces
- 1 sweet green pepper cut in 24 pieces
MethodIn food processor, pulse together onion, garlic and ginger until coarse paste. Add tomato paste, vinegar, chili paste, sugar and salt; pulse until smooth. Transfer to bowl.
Cut steak into 24 cubes; add to bowl and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Discarding tomato mixture, alternately thread beef and red and green pepper pieces onto 8 soaked wooden or metal skewers.
Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning occasionally, until beef is medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 225 mg
- Protein 24 g
- Calories 177.0
- Total fat 5 g
- Potassium 477 mg
- Cholesterol 53 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 9 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 8.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 14.0
- Vitamin C 120.0