Serve with cold cooked soba noodles or steamed brown rice.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sodium-reduced tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
MethodIn large bowl, combine honey, lime juice, tamari sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger; remove 3 tbsp and set aside. Add chicken to bowl, turning to coat; marinate for 10 minutes.
Cucumber Salad: Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, sesame oil, hot pepper flakes and salt. Add cucumber and mix until coated; set aside in refrigerator.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade in final 2 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 10 minutes.
Stir green onions into salad. Sprinkle sesame seeds over salad and chicken.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 531 mg
- Protein 27 g
- Calories 313.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Potassium 438 mg
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 24 g
- Iron 16.0
- Folate 10.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 4.0
- Vitamin C 8.0