- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2006
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup arborio or other short grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups hot vegetable stock
- 1 can navy bean (white pea) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
MethodIn large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add rice, stirring to coat. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring once, for 10 minutes. Stir vigorously for 15 seconds. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in navy beans; simmer, covered, until rice is creamy and slightly firm to the bite, about 2 minutes.
Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 1184 mg
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 490.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 11 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 81 g
- Iron 26.0
- Folate 32.0
- Calcium 21.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 25.0