The heat produced by the curry paste is tame enough for any palate when combined with the cooling effect of yogurt. If you like, sprinkle the pizza with crushed roasted peanuts for a crunchy garnish.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2012
- 12 oz pizza dough
- 1/4 cup bottled strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 3/4 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 oz medium shrimp peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
MethodOn lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 12-inch (30 cm) circle; transfer to pan.
Combine tomatoes, yogurt and curry paste; remove 1/4 cup and set aside. Spread remaining sauce over dough. Sprinkle with Fontina cheese, onion and red pepper. Dot with ricotta. Toss shrimp with reserved sauce; arrange on pizza.
Bake in bottom third of 425?F (220?C) oven until golden and bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 691 mg
- Sugars 7 g
- Protein 25 g
- Calories 448.0
- Total fat 19 g
- Potassium 346 mg
- Cholesterol 108 mg
- Saturated fat 9 g
- Total carbohydrate 45 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 40.0
- Calcium 29.0
- Vitamin A 20.0
- Vitamin C 43.0