Fish sauce has a strong taste that mellows slightly as it cooks. If you're not used to it, add it in small quantities, until desired flavour is achieved.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup green curry paste
- 2 cans (each 400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 to 3 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 head broccoli , cut in florets (about 6 cups)
- 1 sweet green pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (approx)
- 450 g cooked salmon , broken in large pieces
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (approx)
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook curry paste, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and fish sauce to taste (if using); bring to boil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, green pepper, snap peas and green onions. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender-crisp, 4 to 7 minutes.
Gently stir in fish and lime juice just until heated through. Sprinkle with basil (if using). Serve with short-grain rice or rice noodles; top with more sliced green onions and lime juice, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 710 mg
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 21 g
- Calories 464
- Total fat 40 g
- Potassium 755 mg
- Cholesterol 47 mg
- Saturated fat 26 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 43
- Folate 30
- Calcium 7
- Vitamin A 14
- Vitamin C 100