A perfect pasta dish that makes great use of those leftover sweet red peppers in your fridge.
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Total time 20 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 1/4 cups drained jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup almond butter , stirred
- 1/3 cup jarred hot banana pepper slices
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 340 g linguine
- 1 sweet red pepper , cut in chunks
- Half large red onion , sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
Pepper Sauce: In blender, purée together red peppers, almond butter, banana peppers and tomato paste until smooth. Set aside.
In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain.
Meanwhile, in dry cast-iron or heavy-bottomed skillet, cook red pepper and red onion over high heat, stirring occasionally, until red pepper is slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes; scrape into bowl.
In large pot, combine Pepper Sauce and pasta over medium heat; add reserved cooking liquid, stirring gently, if needed to loosen sauce. Divide among bowls; top with sweet red pepper mixture, Parmesan and parsley (if using).
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 7 g
- Sodium 1034 mg
- Sugars 13 g
- Protein 18 g
- Calories 537
- Total fat 15 g
- Potassium 769 mg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 86 g