Only $2.06 per serving!
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2007
- 1/4 cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pkg extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot minced
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 carrots thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 1/2 cup sliced & stemmed shiitake mushroom cap
- 1 cup snow pea trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
MethodIn small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, cornstarch and 3 tbsp (50 mL) water; set aside.
Pat tofu dry; cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes. In large wok, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry tofu until golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Heat remaining oil in wok over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic, ginger and hot pepper flakes for 30 seconds.
Add carrots and mushrooms; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; cover and steam until carrots are tender, about 3 minutes.
Add snow peas, tofu and soy sauce mixture; bring to boil and boil, stirring, until thickened and vegetables are tender, about 1 minute. Stir in green onions and sesame oil.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 635 mg
- Protein 12 g
- Calories 221.0
- Total fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 13 g
- Iron 20.0
- Folate 21.0
- Calcium 14.0
- Vitamin A 66.0
- Vitamin C 18.0