This pizza is a great way to use up any leftover roast beef from the weekend, but it also works well with 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices of roast beef from any grocery store deli. Splurge on the best-quality deli roast beef for ultra-tender pieces.
- Portion size 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (about 750 g) pizza dough at room temperature
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese softened
- 6 oz (170 g) roast beef cut in strips
- 1 cup shredded Canadian Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
MethodIn large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
On lightly floured surface, stretch and roll pizza dough to 14- x 10-inch (35 x 25 cm) rectangle; transfer to greased baking sheet.
Spread cream cheese over dough, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border uncovered. Arrange beef strips on cheese; sprinkle with onions, Havarti and Cheddar cheeses and chives.
Bake in bottom third of 500°F (260°C) oven until crust is puffed and golden and cheese is browned and bubbly, 15 to 18 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 854 mg
- Sugars 8 g
- Protein 26 g
- Calories 621.0
- Total fat 31 g
- Potassium 329 mg
- Cholesterol 74 mg
- Saturated fat 14 g
- Total carbohydrate 60 g
- Iron 34.0
- Folate 55.0
- Calcium 32.0
- Vitamin A 14.0
- Vitamin C 3.0