Can't find smoked trout? This salad is also delicious with hot-smoked salmon. For a brunch option, top with a poached egg.
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Total time 40 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic , finely grated or pressed
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 small bulb fennel , trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- Half large Gala apple , thinly sliced
- 450 g baby potatoes (about 25 to 30), halved
- 1 cup packed baby kale or spinach
- 200 g smoked trout , skin removed and broken in pieces
In small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, vinegar, mustard, honey, half of the salt and the pepper.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In serving bowl, combine fennel, apple and 2 tbsp of the dressing. Set aside.
On prepared pan, toss together potatoes, 3 tbsp of the dressing and remaining salt; arrange, cut sides down, and roast until browned and fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Add potatoes, kale and 2 tbsp of the dressing to fennel mixture; toss to coat. Top with fish; drizzle with more dressing, if desired.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 5 g
- Sodium 483 mg
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 18 g
- Calories 381
- Total fat 23 g
- Potassium 1013 mg
- Cholesterol 42 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 28 g
- Iron 8
- Folate 9
- Calcium 8
- Vitamin A 11
- Vitamin C 55