Even the pickiest of eaters will love these melty, cheesy burritos. they're perfect for post-soccer or hockey games or a poker night. Any leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 8 oz extra-lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup kidney bean drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded Monteray Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
MethodIn large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onion and jalapeño pepper until golden, about 6 minutes.
Stir in beef, garlic, cumin and pepper, breaking up beef with spoon; cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in kidney beans and tomato; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in bowl, mash pinto beans with 2 tbsp water; divide among tortillas. Layer each with spinach and cheese; spoon beef mixture onto centre of each. Fold in sides; fold in top and bottom to meet over filling.
Bake, seam side down, on baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven until golden, about 7 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 1084 mg
- Protein 34 g
- Calories 560.0
- Total fat 21 g
- Potassium 723 mg
- Cholesterol 56 mg
- Saturated fat 9 g
- Total carbohydrate 59 g
- Iron 38.0
- Folate 62.0
- Calcium 29.0
- Vitamin A 24.0
- Vitamin C 13.0