Vegetarian or not, this piece of pie will satisfy any pizza lover. Use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice zucchini.
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Total time 35 minutes
- Half batch The Ultimate Pizza Dough (recipe link in Method)
- 2/3 cups Five-Ingredient Pizza Sauce (recipe link in Method)
- 2 cups shredded smoked or regular Cheddar cheese
- Half zucchini , halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 8 pitted black olives , sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 to 10 basil leaves
Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 500°F. On lightly floured work surface, roll out The Ultimate Pizza Dough to 14-inch circle; transfer to pizza pan. Evenly spread with Five-Ingredient Pizza Sauce; top with cheddar, zucchini, tomatoes, olives and red onion. Sprinkle with oregano. Bake until crust is golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Top pizza with basil.
Test Kitchen Tip: If you don't have a pizza pan, use a heavy baking sheet instead. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a 16- x 10-inch rectangle, then transfer it to a large baking sheet. Add your desired toppings, then bake in a 500°F oven until the crust is golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 466 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 13 g
- Calories 289
- Total fat 15 g
- Potassium 272 mg
- Cholesterol 29 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 27 g