Maple Walnut Waffles
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||16 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 6
Start the weekend off on a sweet note with warm maple walnut waffles. Top with vanilla yogurt, maple syrup and a sprinkle of toasted walnuts.
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfinely chopped walnutwalnuts
- 2 tsp 2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1-2/3 cups 1-2/3cupsbuttermilk
- 2 tbsp 2tbspmelted butter
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupmaple syrup
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
In bowl, whisk together all-purpose and whole wheat flours, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, butter and maple syrup; pour over flour mixture and stir just until combined.
Heat waffle iron. For each waffle, brush lightly with some of the oil; pour in generous 1/2 cup (125 mL) batter, spreading to edges. Close lid and cook until crisp, golden and steam stops, 4 to 5 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2004