This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||29 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Stand: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 20 minutes
- Total time : PT30M
- Portion size: 4
You only wish your local Pakistani grill (tikka) restaurant offered fish this good.
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppeanut oil or vegetabIe oil
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupssliced oniononions
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupplain yogurt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 2 2green hot peppergreen hot peppers, minced
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspgrated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp 2tspcurry powder or curry paste
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 4 4skinless salmon filletsalmon fillets or salmon steaks, about 6 oz (175 g) each
- Fresh coriander sprigs
In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onions, reducing heat if blackening, until browned and slightly crispy, about 10 minutes. Reserving oil, drain through sieve over heatproof bowl; let cool.
In food processor, purée together onions, yogurt, minced coriander, lemon juice, hot peppers, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the reserved oil. Scrape into large bowl; add salmon, turning to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Grill, covered, on greased grill over medium-high heat, turning once and topping with any leftover spice mixture, until fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Garnish with coriander sprigs.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2010