Melon Berry Cup
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|sat. fat||0 g|
- Portion size: 8
For a nonalcoholic version, substitute white cranberry juice for the wine and reduce sugar to 2 tbsp (25 mL).
- 1 cup 1cupdry white wine, such as riesling
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1 strip (3x1 inch/8x2.5 cm) 1strip (3x1 inch/8x2.5 cm)lemon rind
- 1/2 1/2cantaloupecantaloupes
- 1/2 1/2honeydew melonhoneydew melons
- 2 cups 2cupsstrawberrystrawberries, halved
- 1 cup 1cupblueberryblueberries
In small saucepan, bring wine, sugar and lemon rind to boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup (125 mL), about 8 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Discard lemon rind.
Meanwhile, with melon baller, scoop balls from cantaloupe and honeydew melons into large bowl to make 3 cups (750 mL) each. Add strawberries and blueberries; pour wine mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2007