The flavours of barbecue chicken and homemade cranberry sauce become one in this sweet sauce. Serve it alongside a turkey dinner for a modern spin on jelly. It's also lip-smackingly good on the leftover-turkey sandwiches!
- Prep time 25 minutes
- Total time 1 hour & 30 minutes
- 2 cups bottled strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fancy molasses
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole cranberries
In saucepan, bring strained tomatoes, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and 1/4 cup water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Add cranberries; cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are beginning to break down, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.)
Makes about 3 cups.