Nothing beats the soulful goodness that a bowl of homemade soup can bring.
Whether it's the aroma of simmering chicken noodle soup that draws your entire family into the kitchen, or the fresh zest of chilled tomato and yogurt soup that's perfect for a garden brunch, good soups have a special place in our hearts and homes.
From our largest collection of soup recipes ever, find the right soup below to match every occasion, ease of preparation, and budget. Let our best soup recipes inspire you to get cooking.
Vegetable and fruit soups:
- Asparagus Cream Soup - Tender young asparagus yields the best results. If you don't have homemade Chicken or Vegetable Stock, substitute commercial sodium-reduced stock.
- 20-Minute Tortilla Soup - Garnish with chopped avocado, shredded Cheddar cheese and a dash of hot pepper sauce.
- Autumn Leek and Carrot Creamed Soup with Chive Oil - Alternatives to garnish this autumn soup could be crispy bacon sprinkles, chopped herbs or even just a dollop of sour cream.
- Beet and Buttermilk Soup - This glorious pink soup is delicious with traditional dill or fresh coriander.
- Bok Choy, Mushroom and Tofu Soup - The stock for this soup should be light in flavour. Serve the soup alongside the dumplings, as you would a side vegetable.
- Broccoli Soup - Made with frozen broccoli, potatoes, onions and skim milk, this soup can be made any day of the week with ingredients that can be kept in your pantry and freezer.
- Broccoli Tortellini Soup - Warm soothing soup is a perfect lunchbox idea for chilly fall and winter days — and it takes less than 15 minutes to make.
- Butternut Cream Soup - This satisfying soup gets its creaminess from pureeing the vegetables and not from added cream. The swirl of red pepper garnish adds colourful flair.
- Carrot and Dill Soup - Pack this quick nutritious soup in a vacuum bottle to enjoy with a slice of whole wheat bread for a warming lunch.
- Carrot and Lots of Garlic Soup - This soup is so tasty that you may want to try it not only as a quick weeknight vegetarian supper (with crusty bread and a salad) but also as a first course when entertaining.
- Carrot Soup with Basil Pesto Swirl - Pesto adds pizzazz to this classic fall soup and is a great way to use up the last of the basil from the garden.
- Carrot, Leek and Rice Soup - This soup is so simple, so easy to simmer up and so good.
- Cauliflower Soup - This soup skips the frying step so less fat is used and nutrients are preserved in the stock.
- Celery Root Soup with Parsnip Chips - Substitute Jerusalem artichokes for celery root in this leek-infused soup recipe. Pair with fried parsnip chips for a great side.
- Cheddar and Leek Soup - This rich and intensely flavoured English-style soup will become a winter favourite.
- Cheddar Chili Soup - Cheddar originated in England, but Canadian Cheddar is now more famous worldwide. Corn chips or tortillas make a great crunchy accompaniment to this fabulous soup.
- Chilled Carrot Soup with Parsley and Chives - This smooth blend of carrots and chicken stock takes just minutes to make and keeps in the refrigerator for several days.
- Chilled Spiced Peach Soup - This refreshing, subtly sweet soup is the perfect starter or dessert soup. For optimal flavour, use extremely ripe and juicy peaches.
- Chilled Tomato and Zucchini Soup with Yogurt - Serve this pretty summer soup in clear glasses.
- Chunky Gazpacho Soup - You can substitute field cucumbers in this spicy soup, but be sure to seed them. Tote the soup to the picnic in a chilled flask and pack the garnish separately.
- Chunky Vegetable Barley Soup - A smoked turkey leg or drumstick adds richness to the simple broth that forms the base of this hearty root vegetable soup.
- Corn Soup with Red Pepper Swirl - Choose the freshest, darkest yellow corn to give this soup a pretty colour and creamy texture.
- Cream of Asparagus Soup - This is an ever-popular classic that's wonderful as an appetizer – hot or chilled.
- Cream of Celery Soup with Blue Cheese - Serve this soup hot on cold days or cold on warm ones. Organic celery is highly recommended.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - Dried mushrooms add even more flavour to the fresh mushrooms in this creamy, delicious soup. Save the shiitake stems for the stockpot.