Crispy fried appetizers
By Victoria O'Meara
Recipes by Matthew Kimura and The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
Crispy fried appetizers for a crowd: latkes, samosas, tempura, croquettes and more.
- Almond Cranberry Couscous
- Cranberry Walnut Brie
- Cranberry Chicken Skillet Supper
- Glazed Cornish Hens with Hazelnut Cranberry Stuffing
- Glazed Ham with Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Frisee Salad with Crispy Pancetta, Pistachio and Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Buttermilk Buckwheat Cranberry Pancakes
- Bran Flaxseed Cranberry Muffins
- Two-Grain Cranberry Bread
- Cranberry Almond Bars
- Blue Cheese and Walnut Mushrooms
- Berry Charlotte
- Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
- Gluten-Free Cherry Almond Muffins
- Classic Devilled Eggs
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Warm Gluten-Free Biscuits
- Gluten-Free Chocolate PBandJ Cupcakes
- Mini Smoked Salmon Dill Quiches
- Sour Cream Pastry for Mini Quiches
The perfect party pleaser, our collection of crispy fried appetizers will have your guests coming back for seconds and thirds. Warning! Dishing these out may result in a total lack of interest in any main course. Why not just open the wine and grab yourself a plate before they're all gone.
Latkes with Herring Apple Salad
Sweet-sour pickled herring salad pairs beautifully with potato latkes. We like latkes best served hot and crispy, but if you want to make them ahead, ...
Tempura Isobe Age
Isobe is a Japanese cooking technique using roasted seaweed (nori) for flavour.
Crispy Pan-Fried Kreplach
Kreplach are classically boiled and served in soup. For a party, we created a fried appetizer version that is fun to serve with toothpicks.
Spiced Lamb Samosas
Wrapping these flavourful Indian treats in spring roll wrappers makes them quick and easy. Serve with ...
Smoked Whitefish Croquettes
The delicate flavours of smoked whitefish permeate this classic crowd-pleaser.
Chef Tawfik Shehata, of Vertical Restaurant in Toronto, shares this Egyptian-style falafel, which uses fava beans instead of chickpeas. It's one he en...