Mini Bakewell Tarts
This recipe makes 24 tarts servings
|Per tart: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Preparation time: 30 minutes Chill: 20 minutes
- Total time : 45 minutes
- Portion size: 24 tarts
- 1/2 1/2All-Purpose Sweet Pie Dough recipe
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupunsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1 1egg yolkegg yolks
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupground almonds
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspvanilla or grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupstrawberry jam or raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupsliced almonds
On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness. Using 2-1/2-inch (6 cm) fluted round cutter, cut out 24 circles.
Fit into 24 mini muffin cups. Line with foil or parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake for 10 minutes.
In bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and egg yolk until smooth. Stir in ground almonds and vanilla. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 tsp (2 mL) jam into each tart shell. Divide almond mixture evenly among tarts. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2010