Mini Lobster Rolls
This recipe makes 12 pieces servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 12 pieces
Enjoy these in little pieces as in the recipe, or divide the filling among small buns.
- 2 2lobsterlobsters, (about 1 lb/500 g each)
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupmayonnaise
- 2 tsp 2tspgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tsplemon juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried summer savory
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdry mustard
- 1 dash 1dashhot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 1 1rib celery, finely diced
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers, finely diced
- 4 4soft oval bunbuns, (such as sausage or hotdog)
Fill large pot with enough salted water (1 tbsp/15 mL salt per 4 cups/1 L water) to cover lobsters; bring to full rolling boil. Grasp back of each lobster; plunge headfirst into water. Cover and return to boil.
Reduce to simmer; cook until lobsters are bright red and small legs come away easily when twisted and pulled, about 10 minutes. Remove from water; let cool.
Remove lobster meat from shells. Chop into bite-size pieces; set aside.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, savory, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in green pepper, celery and lobster meat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Spoon into buns; cut each sandwich into thirds.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2009