This recipe makes 9 servings
|Per 1/2 cup (125 mL): about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 9 cups (2.25 L)
Even though muesli mix is traditionally soaked and mixed with fruit for breakfast, this toasted mix is equally delicious not soaked and served with cold or warm milk.
- 4 cups 4cupslarge-flake rolled oats
- 1 cup 1cupwheat bran
- 1 cup 1cupchopped walnutwalnuts or almonds
- 1 cup 1cupchopped dried apricotdried apricots
- 1 cup 1cupchopped datedates or figs or raisins
- 1 cup 1cupdried cranberrydried cranberries or dried cherries
On large rimmed baking sheet, toast oats, bran and walnuts in 350°F (180°C) oven, stirring 3 times, until golden and fragrant, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
In large airtight container, combine toasted oat mixture, apricots, dates and cranberries. (Make-ahead: Store at room temperature for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.)
Additional information :
In bowl, combine 1/2 to 3/4 cup (125 to 175 mL) Muesli Mix with 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk or juice; refrigerate overnight. Top with dollop of plain or flavored yogurt, a drizzle of honey and sliced apple, banana and/or fresh berries. Makes 1 serving.