Multigrain Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes
This recipe makes 15 servings
|Per pancake: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 15 pancakes
Kids love pancakes, and multigrain flour and apple add a healthy twist.
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupmultigrain flour
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbaking powder
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspcinnamon
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 2 2eggeggs
- 2 cups 2cupsbuttermilk
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupmelted butter
- 1 1peeled and cored appleapples
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
1- In bowl, whisk together all-purpose and multigrain flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
2- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter; pour over dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Grate apple and squeeze to remove excess juice; fold into batter.
3- Brush some of the oil over large nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat. Pour in about 1/4 cup (50 mL) batter for each pancake, brushing skillet with remaining oil as necessary; cook until underside is golden and bubbles break on top but do not fill in, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until underside is golden, 30 to 60 seconds.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2009