This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
Because this steak has a pocket that's stuffed, butcher David Ramsay of Manotic, Ont., recommends requesting a steak with its cap off.
- 1 1beef top sirloin grilling steakbeef top sirloin grilling steaks, 2 inches thick (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1 tsp 1tspvegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper Stuffing:
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 cup 1cupchopped mixed mushroommushrooms
- 4 4clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 4 4green oniongreen onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspchopped fresh marjoram
Stuffing: In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry mushrooms, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper, stirring often, until mushrooms are browned and no liquid remains, 4 minutes. Stir in parsley and marjoram. Let cool.
Make horizontal cut in side of steak almost but not all the way through to form pocket; spoon in mushroom mixture. Skewer closed with metal or soaked wooden skewer. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.)
Brush steak with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until medium-rare, about 30 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain on the diagonal.
Source : Get Grilling: Summer 2007