Mussels in Tomato Sauce for Two
This recipe makes 2 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 2
Serve with: Baguette — Tossed Salad
- 1 tbsp 1tbspolive oil
- 1 1oniononions, finely chopped
- 1 1celery stalkcelery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 4cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried oregano or dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) 1can (28 oz/796 mL)stewed tomatoes
- 2 lb 2lbmusselmussels, scrubbed
In Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, celery, garlic, oregano and hot pepper flakes, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until spoon drawn across bottom of pan leaves space, 15 minutes.
Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels open, about 8 minutes. Discard any that do not open.
Additional information :
Substitution: Use Manila clams instead of the mussels.