New Potato Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Portion size: 6
This chunky potato salad is a great way to enjoy tiny new potatoes and garden beans. Be sure to keep it chilled en route to the picnic.
- 4 lb 4lbnew red potatonew red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcider vinegar
- 2 tsp 2tspgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspdry mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1 cup 1cupdiagonally sliced yellow wax beans
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen green peas
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcoarsly chopped green oniongreen onions Buttermilk Dressing
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbuttermilk
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsour cream
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp 1tbsphorseradish
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes or just until tender. Drain; transfer to large bowl.
Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and salt ; pour mixture over warm potatoes and toss gently.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook beans for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add peas; cook for 1 minute longer. Drain and refresh beans and peas under cold running water; drain again, pat dry and add to potatoes along with green onions.
Buttermilk Dressing: Whisk together buttermilk and sour cream; stir in dill and horseradish. Add to potato salad and toss well to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.