One-Pot Chicken Cacciatore
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
"We always have several cans of mushrooms on hand to throw into spaghetti sauce for something special," says reader Mary Ann Dudragne via the Internet. Here, we've added chicken and an extra-easy cleanup to this one-pot recipe.
- 1 lb 1lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 4 cups 4cupsrotini pasta
- 1 jar 1jartomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- pinch pinchpepper
- 1 can 1cansliced mushroommushrooms, drained and rinsed
Cut chicken into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over.
Add pasta, pasta sauce, 3 cups (750 mL) water, herb seasoning, salt and pepper; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm. Add mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes or until hot.