Open-Face Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
This recipe makes 12 pieces servings
|Per Piece: about||-|
|total fat||2 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 12 pieces
Thin crisp slices of cucumber top these dainty herb-butter bites.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter, softened
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely chopped fresh chivefresh chives
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 6 6thin slices white bread or whole wheat bread
- 36 36thin slices small cucumber
- 12 12parsley leafparsley leaves
In small bowl, combine butter, chives, parsley and pepper.
Using 2-inch (5 cm) round or fluted cookie cutter, cut 2 rounds from each slice of bread. Spread each with butter mixture. (Make-ahead: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.)
Arrange 3 cucumber slices in concentric circle on butter. Top each with parsley leaf.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2007