Panzanella Salad with Poached Eggs
- Portion size: 4
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
Don't throw away your old loaf of bread. Do as the Tuscans and celebrate with a bread salad!
- 4 cups 4cupscubed (1 inch/2.5 cm) crustless loaf Italian bread or French bread
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspred wine vinegar
- 4 4anchovieanchovies, finely chopped
- 2 2shallotshallots, finely sliced
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcapercapers, drained
- Pinch Pincheach salt and pepper
- 2 cups 2cupshalved cherry tomatocherry tomatoes
- 2 cups 2cupscubed (1 inch/2.5 cm) seeded English cucumberEnglish cucumbers
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh basil
- 4 4eggeggs, poached
Spread bread on baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven, stirring once, until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes; let cool.
In large bowl, whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, anchovies, shallots, garlic, capers, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, cucumber, basil and croutons; toss to coat. Serve topped with eggs.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2009