This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
Parsnips, a tapered root vegetable, have a nutty, slightly creamy flavour. Bacon adds a smoky rustic element to this dish.
- 2 bags 2bags(1 lb/500 g each) parsnipparsnips
- 1 1oniononions, quartered
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 1/3cup (75 mL) light sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) 1/2tsp (2 ml)each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) 2tbsp (25 ml)minced fresh parsley
- 4 stirps 4stirpsbacon, cooked and crumbled
Peel parsnips; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. In pot of boiling salted water, cook parsnips and onion until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cooking water.
In food processor, purée together parsnips, onion, cooking water, sour cream, salt and pepper until smooth. Transfer to warmed serving bowl. Stir in half each of the parsley and bacon. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and bacon.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2004