Party-Size Burger with Grilled Pepper
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||21 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 6
Long, oval and soft flatbread, available at many supermarkets and Greek and Middle Eastern stores, is the mega bun.
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupdry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatosun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh basil
- 1 1small onion, grated
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspeach salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 lb 1-1/2lblean ground beef
- 1 1flatbreadflatbread, (16 x 7 inches/40 x 18 cm)
- 1 1large sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfresh basil leaffresh basil leaves
Topping: Seed and core red pepper; cut lengthwise into sixths. In bowl, toss oil, salt and pepper to coat. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. (Make-ahead: Transfer to small airtight container; let cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, onion, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix just until combined. On rimless baking sheet, shape into 8- x 6-inch (20 x 15 cm) patty. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
Slide patty onto greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill for 10 minutes. Loosen with wide spatula. Slide onto clean rimless baking sheet; invert onto second rimless baking sheet and slide back onto grill. Grill until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre registers 160°F (71°C), about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut flatbread in half crosswise. Place on grill; grill, turning once, until golden, 5 minutes. Place burger on one half of bread. Arrange basil and grilled pepper on burger. Place remaining bread on top. Cut into 6 pieces.
Additional information : Variation
Pita Burgers with Grilled Pepper: Shape into six 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 160°F (71°C), 12 to 14 minutes. Serve in warmed pita breads with grilled pepper and basil. Makes 6 servings.
Source : Get Grilling: Summer 2007