Pawpaw and Avocado Salad
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 6
Australians call the large tropical papaya, or Carica papaya fruit, a pawpaw. It is vibrant burnt orange with tender-firm flesh that's tasty in a salad.
- 3 tbsp 3tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcracked black peppercorns
- 1 pinch 1pinchgranulated sugar
- 1/2 1/2small red onionred onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 2avocadoavocados, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups 2cupscubed seeded peeled papaya
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptorn fresh mint
In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and sugar.
Keeping separate, place onion, avocados and papaya in bowls; divide dressing among bowls and toss gently to coat. Arrange onion on serving platter; top with papaya and avocados. Sprinkle with mint.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2006