Peanut Butter Tart Squares
This recipe makes 20 servings
- Portion size: 20 squares
Bake Fest 2009
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupGay Lea Spreadables® Butter, (approx)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsmooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuplightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupFleischmann's® Canada Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt Topping:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupBeeHive® Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp 2tbspFleischmann's® Canada Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspbaking powder
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 2 tbsp 2tbspGay Lea Spreadables® Butter
- 2 2Naturegg™ Omega 3 EggNaturegg™ Omega 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppeanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupSpecial Dark chocolate chipSpecial Dark chocolate chips
1. Beat butter, peanut butter and sugar in bowl until creamy. Stir in flour, cornstarch and salt until well combined and crumbly. Press evenly into bottom of buttered 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden around edges; set aside.
2. Topping: Stir together corn syrup, cornstarch, baking powder and salt until smooth. Stir in butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Pour over crust. Sprinkle peanuts, and peanut butter and chocolate chips over top.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and just set in the centre. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) squares.
Additional information : Tip: Recipe doubles easilyto fill a 9-x 13-in (3 L) baking pan.
Source : Bake Fest 2009