Peas with Lettuce
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
This traditional French braised dish makes an elegant but simple side dish for chicken.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 1-3/4 cups 1-3/4cupspearl onionpearl onions, (284 g pkg), peeled and halved
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsshelled fresh peafresh peas, (12 oz/375 g)
- 1 head 1headboston lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspeach salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspgranulated sugar
In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; fry onions until golden, 5 minutes. Add peas, lettuce, half of the parsley, 2 tbsp (25 ml) water, salt, pepper and sugar; cover and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until peas are tender, 15 minutes. Transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Additional information :
To Use Frozen Peas: Cook for only 5 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2004