Pork Crystal Fold
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
Invite the children to roll up their own stir-fry suppers in crisp lettuce wrappers.
- 8 large leaves 8large leavesiceberg lettuce or leaf lettuce
- 1 large 1largecarrotcarrots, grated
- 1 1broccoli stembroccoli stems, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp 2tbsptoasted chopped peanutpeanuts or cashews, (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspteriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbsporange juice
- 1 tsp 1tspgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspcornstarch
- 1 lb 1lbfast-fry boneless pork chopfast-fry boneless pork chops
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 3 3green oniongreen onions, finely chopped
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tsp 4tspminced gingerroot
- 1 1sweet green peppersweet green peppers, diced
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) 1can (10 oz/284 mL)water chestnutwater chestnuts, slivered
- 2 tbsp 2tbsphoisin sauce
Arrange lettuce on serving platter; add carrot, broccoli, and peanuts (if using) in separate mounds beside lettuce. Cover with damp cloth to prevent drying out. In small bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce, orange juice, sugar, and cornstarch; set aside. Trim any fat from pork; cut into fine dice. Set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry green onions, garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add pork; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add green pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add water chestnuts and teriyaki sauce mixture; stir-fry for 1 minute or until piping hot and sauce is thickened. Spoon onto warm serving platter.
Have each person brush some of the hoisin sauce onto lettuce leaf. Spoon some of the pork mixture onto centre; sprinkle with carrot broccoli and peanuts. Fold lettuce over filling and roll up.