Potato and Green Bean Salad
This recipe makes 10 servings
|Per each of 10 servings: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 8 to 10
Coriander and lime give a classic summer salad a fresh new taste. You can also use parsley or basil instead of the coriander. If you like, add 1 cup (250 mL) cubed smoked cheese to the salad.
- 10 (2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg) 10(2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg)new potatonew potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cups 2cupschopped trimmed green beangreen beans
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfresh coriander leaffresh coriander leaves Coriander Dressing:
- 3/4 cup 3/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight sour cream
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplime juice or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes just until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; let cool. Peel, if desired; cut into bite-size cubes. Place in large bowl.
Meanwhile, in same saucepan, cook green beans until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain and chill in cold water; drain and pat dry. Add to potatoes.
Coriander Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, coriander, sour cream, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Garnish with coriander leaves. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2005