Potato Turkey Pot Pie
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 4 (2 lb/1 kg) 4(2 lb/1 kg)potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsmilk
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp 1tbspDijon mustard
- 2 tsp 2tsplemon juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried thyme
- 2 cups 2cupscubed cooked turkey or chickens
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsfrozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgrated Parmesan cheese
In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender; drain and mash with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the milk, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter and half each of the salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in remaining milk, salt and pepper, the mustard, lemon juice and thyme; cook, whisking often, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
Add turkey and vegetables; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour into 8-inch (2 L) casserole dish. Spread potatoes over top; sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil for 2 minutes or until golden.