- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2003
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 grapefruit
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
Cut rind and pith from grapefruits or navel oranges; slice between membranes and pulp to release sections. Set sections aside. Squeeze membranes to extract 3 tbsp (50 mL) juice.
In bowl, whisk together juice, olive oil, jalapeño peppere, salt, pepper and granulated sugar. Add grapefruit sections, romaine and avocados. Toss to combine.