Enjoy this simple and elegant dish, as seen in our video: Step-by-step risotto.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2007
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice or other short-grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
- 10 oz peeled deveined large raw shrimp
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
MethodIn large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, lemon rind, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add rice, stirring to coat. Add wine; boil until evaporated, about 1 minute.
Stir in stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring once, for 10 minutes. Stir vigorously for 15 seconds. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and peas; simmer, covered, until shrimp are pink, peas are tender and rice is creamy and slightly firm to the bite, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with mint.
More Shrimp Recipes:
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 652 mg
- Protein 22 g
- Calories 338.0
- Total fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 108 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 49 g