All-Day-Breakfast in a Bun
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Portion size: 4
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter
- 8 8slices peameal bacon or back bacon
- 6 6eggeggs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupmilk
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 4 4thin slices Havarti or Cheddar cheese
- 8 8thin slices of tomatotomatoes
- 4 4leaves leaf lettuce, optional
- 4 4whole wheat kaiser bunkaiser buns or flat buns, halved and toasted
In large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tsp (5 mL) of the butter over medium heat; brown bacon, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, green onions, salt and pepper. In same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat; pour in egg mixture and cook, lifting edges with spatula to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, until set, about 8 minutes. Cut into quarters.
Sandwich 2 slices bacon, 1 slice cheese, omelette quarter, 2 slices tomato, and lettuce (if using) in each bun.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2005