Asian Quick Pickles: Quick Bean and Carrot Pickles
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
- Portion size: 4
- 1 tsp 1tspyellow mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuprice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 3 tbsp 3tbspwater
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 2 cups 2cupstrimmed green beangreen beans
- 1 cup 1cupjulienned carrotcarrots
In saucepan, toast mustard seeds over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until beginning to pop. Stir in vinegar, sugar, water and salt until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add green beans and carrots. Return to boil; cover and boil until beans are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
Also try Quick Zucchini Pickles and Quick Radish Pickles.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2007